Re: Firing Coins

---------

From: V Moreira Komando (komandov_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 13:30:05 PDT

Hi All!

I did have one student fire coins so they would look like relics to use in his art work. If you have ever seen money that has been through a fire - some of it disintegrated - that is what it looks like. Afterwards, I mentioned this to a colleague who told me that the metal in some of the coins can burn right through the bottom of the kiln and make holes. I do not know the validity of this - but better safe than sorry. Since then, I have not fired coins in the kiln.

Paz and keep safe & dry as Ivan approaches!
Vivian

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.cox.net/artzheart