Re: pacing guides!...Ann

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 12:17:19 PDT

Hi, Ann...
We had about three weeks to complete the guides...and the guide covers the
entire year.

It is all right to change anything as you go...we just keep the info in our
lesson plan book...or on the pacing guide. They understand that things
cause us to have to make adjustments... especially in art.

I was not that happy to have to spend that much time doing it...but now, it
certainly is nice to be able to look ahead at what I'm planning to do...and
have everything lined out...day by day for each project. I can start laying
out supplies a few days ahead...to make sure I have everything I need for
it.
Carolyn

> Regarding the pacing guides, how far ahead do you have to do these? A
> week, a month, a semester?
> Personally, I think that it would be a great organizational tool for
> most teachers - ONLY if they can be changed as you go (you know how we
> NEED to change things on a day-to-day basis. These look like
> curriculum maps, only more specific. I think that I will include a
> pacing guide format in my curriculum toolkit....
> ann

---