Re: what do you keep at your tables?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 06:57:06 PDT

Hi. I have a numbered container on each of my tables. It is separated into
compartments, one large, one medium, one small (don't buy the ones that look
like baskets, with holes, students will destroy those). The large
compartment holds crayons, the medium holds four bottles of glue, and the
small holds 4 scissors and 4 pencils. Just this year I took out the
hand-held sharpener, and the erasers because those are what students played
with the most. I have those in separate little containers that I put out
if we are using colored pencils or if we are doing a lot of drawing. I also
now have tap-n-glue lids that cut down on students picking the dry glue off
of glue bottles. Oh, and many other things we use regularly (markers, col.
pencils, pastels, specialty crayons) are in enough containers for one per
table, and located where students can get them and put them back as
necessary.

Leah