Re: Firing coins? How do I respond?

---------

From: lia johnson (johnsolia_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 10:24:36 PDT

Well said Susan. I ditto that sentiment! lia

ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 09/10/2004 10:39:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, marvinpb@goshen.edu writes:
A great question. On 8/15/04, I posted a message on Art and Science Integration. It was about answering questions with questions that help the student use the scientific method. In this method the teacher thanks the student for the idea and encourages safe and reasonable experimentation. The coin in clay is one of those teaching moments. I love it when a student wants to do something new. It does not always feel natural, but I try to remind myself to give a positive response. I want the student to proceed safely as independently as possible while keeping me informed of her actions.

Dear Marvin,
Just for the record, I want you to know that I appreciate your participation in Artednet! You have given so much to me, not only in terms of ceramic knowledge, but also in your teaching attitudes! Frankly, I find it harder and harder to keep up on all the threads, and often I must delete posts from the list before opening them. However, whenever I see a post from YOU, I read it- that's how valuable your expertise is to me. You're one of our Artsednet family that I would like to meet someday. Thanks for everything!
Susan on Long Island