Re: Firing coins?

---------

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 18:24:04 PDT

I've never done this....but I wonder if they'd just fall out without
anything to hold them but the shrinkage of the clay. It would be
interesting to try it though.
Alex has already asked if we will be doing a clay unit this year. But I
had to inform him that we had no clay in at this time. It was a sad
moment....
diane
On Sep 9, 2004, at 9:06 PM, ARopple@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone experience with firing coins?  A student of mine wants to
> try pennies, nickels, and quarters on the outside of a bank.  I
> usually fire at cone 06 with general utility clay. I'd like to avoid a
> messy melt or popping!
> Thanks,
> Amy R.
> ---