RE: How do you mark the tables and routine

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 10:29:02 PDT

Sue, you mentioned the horseshoe work tables. Do you use rectangular
tables arranged in one large horseshoe shape around your table? If so,
do you have students sitting only on the outside facing in? or do you
have them on both sides of the horseshoe shape (some working with their
back to the demo table)?

Do certain personalities always pick certain seat locations? That has
always interested me. Now it also informs me about the students. Also,
when students pick their seats, do you notice that siblings often seem
to sit in the same area, even tho they are unaware of where the other
sits?

Just an interesting aside.

Jan

everyone gathers around the Demonstration Table- I have one in the
center of the kids' horseshoe shaped work tables.

---