Re: pacing guides!

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 04:13:54 PDT

I've been watching this post because I think this is where my district is heading VERY quickly. They've hired yet another administrator, but she is in charge of standards and how you are covering them. Basically checking up to see who's not doing things correctly, etc. I'm trying to set my own pacing guides in preparation for all of this. Our standards are new to us this year, so everyone is feeling very overwhelmed in the arts. (Not to mention we had drastic cutbacks and most of us are in new schools, etc.) If I find any tips, etc. I'll post. I just wanted to thank you all for sharing all of this- it came at a time when I needed it!
Jancy

Carolyn Roberts <croberts18@cox.net> wrote:
Here is the web page with the pacing guides for the EOC classes in our
county...
http://cyber.lenoir.k12.nc.us/hs/Downloads/pacingguides/Biology%20PG%208.04.
pdf
This is the one my principal gave me as an example to follow...

For the column "Chapter"...I substituted "P&E's"...also, under
"objective"...I copied and pasted from our NC Standard Course of
Study...mine has the description included with the number under
"Objective"...BECAUSE...when the principal was talking to me about it...he
said, when he observes our classes...he'll be asking for a description of
the Objective Number that we have listed...and I knew I wouldn't
remember...so I figured I'd go ahead and put mine in there.
Carolyn