Re: how do you mark the tables?

---------

From: dkj (jouets_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 19:52:09 PDT

I have little bins on the tables (plastic picnic silverware bins) that I
keep scissors, pencils, and sometimes glue sticks and erasers in. What I
really like is having some common materials ready to go. What I really hate
is students dumping in them. IE they get a ruler or a hole punch to use and
instead of putting it back where it belongs they stick it in the bin. Or
there are bits of yarn or paper that should be in the trash and guess where
it all ends up! I mark the tables by putting strips of colored masking tape
or post-it flags (covered with clear tape). Can't have anything hanging from
the ceiling due to stricter fire codes, but I'd love to try artist's tables
maybe with the contact paper. I mark each seat at the table with colored
dots just under the rim of the table. Each color corresponds to a color on
the job chart: Queen's Assistant (helper), Magician (supplies out), Bean
Counter (supplies in), and Wizard (Bin Manager). The jobs get switched
weekly by rotating little crowns held on the board with magnet strips.
Deborah

---