Name in Fish Design - Files for sharing

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 09:41:59 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

The name in Fish design lesson is a big hit with
Kathleen Arola's students.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/fish.htm
Kathleen did this lesson with 2nd and 3rd graders.

The idea was originally shared by Marianne Galyk. I
may put this online in lesson plan format in the
future. For now, here are Kathleen's files for
sharing.
Fish Clip Art to inspire
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Kathleen-fishshapes.doc
Save this file if it interests you. Fish images are
also available in Dover publications. I had a book
with all sorts of animals (copyright free images).
Check your library for books about fish...and you
can't beat real fish.
Name in Fish student examples:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Kathleen-fishexamples.doc
Save this file if it interest you.
Rubric for Assessment:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Kathleen-fishrubric.doc

I have also added Denise Panell's "Fish Bowl" to the
fish ideas page - Bowl in shape of fish.

Hope some of you "Go Fish" this year. Fish have
positive symbolism in many world cultures.

Judy Decker