RE: Manhole cover project - advice?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 08:41:50 PDT

Scribbles puff paint works great for raised lines.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From dkj <jouets@charter.net> =====
>For my 4th/5th grades I am doing a manhole cover project that I hope will be
done in time for open house. I'm planning on using 2 pizza rounds hinged
together. The top should look like a manhole cover, and underneath the
students will make up their own vision of "what's down there"... underground
city, outer space, ocean, pipes... just about anything. I plan to put these
hinged pieces either lined up on the floor in the school hallways or on the
cafeteria tables. I'd like some ideas on how to make the manhole cover parts
look the part. I'd been thinking that some kind of raised line to make them 3D
would be great, but can't figure out how to do it, esp. to keep the cardboard
from warping too much. Any ideas out there?
>Thanks,
>Deborah
>
>---

---