RE: Large classes...and pacing guides!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 04:48:39 PDT

Carolyn,
It'll be interesting to see what your guide looks like at the end of the
year. If you are spending too much time on "other activities' asked of
you for the school, it will show up - to your curriculum's advantage.
Perhaps to keep a diary of the pacing, too - write down issues as they
arise.

I have not heard of the pacing guide; we are starting mapping this year.
Seems to me a lot like sequencing your lesson plans. So far it has not
been very difficult or taxing. Again, it'll be interesting to see what
it looks like at the end of the year.
Jan