Re: what do you keep at your tables?

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 04:37:30 PDT

Hi All,
    When I am introducing a lesson , I usually have nothing on the tables.
When it is time to work, my elementary kids love to hand out supplies. So this makes them happy and I use another group of kids to collect supplies, spreading the number of students in one class that get to do a job even further. (I have the students 40 minutes once a week, in my art room)
    This is week two, so we are still weeding out Summer behavior. Pencil tapping , rolling etc.
Last week they made art folders with 18 by 24 paper folded in half, we also reviewed art room rules. This gives me a little time while they work, to assess the dynamics of the grouping, and note students who should not be seated in the same grouping.

PS --- Wal-Mart had Crayola markers , regular colors and bright colors 99 cents for a pack. also 24 ct Crayola crayons. 33 cents. :)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)