Re: large class--tips?

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 20:17:30 PDT

I also use magazine pages for palettes for both tempera & acrylic paint. also--for using tempera paint, I don't put paint in containers at each table--instead, I squirt out the colors on brown paper bags. (I have a number of old rectangular lunch trays that were left in the art room years ago, so I put the bags on the trays--but sometimes I also use them without the trays.) It works great--I don't get so upset if some colors get mixed up (like I would when a whole container of paint was messed up). It's easy to have kids (or me, if it's little kids) add more paint, if needed. Also--at the end of the day, it is pretty easy to scoop up any leftover paint with a thick brush and put it back into the bottles--or, just throw away the paper bags. It has worked great for me.

Mary H.