Re: Large classes...and pacing guides!

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 19:26:13 PDT

Patty, I've always done a very simple pacing guide...more week by week or lesson by lesson, though. But, I'm sure if I get them all done...it WILL be very helpful to me...even though I may not be able to stick to it...exactly on the right day! After all, who can "guess" how many days it will take our students to finish a lesson!

But if you're the one who started it in your district, I know all of those other teachers were happy with you! LOL!!!! But...it IS a good idea! And I'm glad now that mine is done...it will only have to be revised a little bit for next year, based on what I do this year.
Carolyn

  Last year we switched to block scheduling and because we meet with our students for fewer instructional hours during the school year, we had to make pacing guides. Our were much simpler. We spelled out what content we would be teaching each week for the year. To my pacing guides I added what projects we would be doing and what assessment strategies I planned to use. I found it really helpful and am working on a revised guide for this year. The district was so impressed with the pacing guides, that they had people create them for all grade levels in many subject areas.

  Patty in KY

---