Re: Large classes...and pacing guides!

---------

From: Patty Phillips (tallpatty_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 19:18:15 PDT

Last year we switched to block scheduling and because we meet with our students for fewer instructional hours during the school year, we had to make pacing guides. Our were much simpler. We spelled out what content we would be teaching each week for the year. To my pacing guides I added what projects we would be doing and what assessment strategies I planned to use. I found it really helpful and am working on a revised guide for this year. The district was so impressed with the pacing guides, that they had people create them for all grade levels in many subject areas.

Patty in KY

---