Re: Large classes...and pacing guides!

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 18:35:14 PDT

Yikes! We have to turn in our lesson plans, but they are very bare-bones.. I'm lucky for that.. I'm always changing my plans due to the needs of the class and the amount of time the kids need! I like the freedom to add more activities when a class needs more reinforcement on a particular topic or add more time when needed. It just makes sense that way for an art class.

Carolyn
And I don't know about y'all (good ole southern term)...but this year (in my
high school) we are having to do pacing guides for each different class we
teach. We have a format...and it is done day-by-day...90 days total. We
have to list the activity or lesson for each day that you'll be working on
it, the concept or emphasis that you are focusing on each day, the element
or principle on which your lesson is based, the competencies from the NC
Standard Course of Study that your lesson covers each day...and then, you
have a place for any notes you need to show. This has to be done for the
entire semester...and has to be followed...to the best of your ability!

Does anyone else out there have to do this for your art classes?