large class--tips?

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 17:05:41 PDT

Hey all! Hope you're having a great year so far!

I have my largest class so far.. there are 30 bodies in my room (including me) in one of my classes. It feels really crowded since these are big 8th graders. The rest of my classes are smaller.. Luckily I have some helpful kids who are willing to pass out supplies and whatnot. Do you have any tips for me to keep the class under control with such a large size? I feel like I can't see all of them all the time. So far we've done simple drawing projects, but I'm a little worried it's going to get chaotic when we start clay and sculpture. I need some ideas to make management a little easier. Thanks in advance. Marcia