RE: elementary art storybooks

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 14:49:39 PDT

Thanks Denise,

Please post your list of books to both lists (include the sunflower book).

Ok, you asked for it! :)

"Camille and the Sunflowers" by Laurence Anholt (VanGogh)
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/4643?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Roberto The Insect Architect" by Nina Laden (architecture)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0811824659/102-5256817-0740149?v=glance

"The First Starry Night" by Joan Shaddox Isom (VanGogh)
http://www.cbcbooks.org/html/first_starry_night.html

"The Pot That Juan Built" by Nancy Andrews Goebel (Mexican Pottery)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1584300388/102-5256817-0740149?v=glance

"Dream Carver" by Diana Cohn (Oaxacan Wood Carvings)
http://www.americas.org/bookstore/product_7533

"Uncle Andy's" by James Warhola (Andy
Warhol)http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/product
s_id/4323?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Abuela's Weave" by Omar S. Castaneda (S. American weaving)
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/1880000202

"The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush" by Tomie dePaola (Native Americans)
"The Art Lesson" by Tomie dePaola (general- about being in art class)
http://www.tomie.com/main.html

"Dinner At Magritte's" by michael Garland (Rene Magritte, Surrealism,
Dali)http://www.book-reviews.ws/book-reviews/0525453369

"Kente Colors" by Debbi Chocolate (African
weaving)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0802775284/102-5256817-0
740149?v=glance

"Tessellations" by Pam Stephens (M.C.
Escher)http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/product
s_id/4723?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"The Cave Painter of Lascaux" by Roberta Angeletti (Lascaux cave paintings)
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/4719?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Me and Uncle Romie" by Claire Hartfield (Romare
Bearden)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0803725205/102-5256817-0
740149?v=glance

"Tar Beach" by Faith Ringgold (quilting, Faith Ringgold's artwork)
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/4075?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Mouse Paint" by Ellen Stoll Walsh (mixing secondary
colors)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0152002650/102-5256817-07
40149?v=glance

"A Big Mistake" by Lenore Rinder (turning mistakes into art)
Can't find this one online!

The "Dropping in on" series is good- I only have them on video (Matisse,
Picasso,
Rousseau)http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/produ
cts_id/4734?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

The "Adventure In Art" Series by Prestel is wonderful (Crystal Productions
catalog, page
106)http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/2?os
Csid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists" series by Mike Venezia is
fabulous (Crystal Art Productions catalog, page 105)
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/18?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/19?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/20?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/21?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/22?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

"Linnea In Monet's Garden"- I have the video
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/3903?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

The "Art For Children" series by Chelsea House publishing was very
disappointing- too long, small, and very expensive (Crystal Productions
catalog, page 107)
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/30/sort/2a/page/5?osCsid=22ca62386ced4095a245177e449e468b

Let me know if you have any questions!

Denise Pannell