RE: Character Education - Six Pillars Installation

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 18:10:49 PDT

We made an installation using large pvc plumbing pipes that took acrylic
paint beautifully. We installed it in the hall sans permission and about 8
weeks later the superintendent asked us to remove it (after he found it...we
had it installed in a forgotten corner in the school...it turned out to be
an 8' painted pipe cube), and we did, each kid taking their section home to
their bedrooms.

San D

I can think of ways you can do your own similar work
-but it would not be as permanent. You can make yours
for display inside your building - using recycled
materials (corrugated cardboard and carpet tubes).

I hope this will inspire more school wide projects.
Character education is part of the art curriculum.

Judy Decker