Character Education - Six Pillars Installation

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 17:44:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Karen Chilman sent me pictures of their Six Pillars of
Character Education Installation at Scottsburg Middle
School:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Karen-character.htm

They did this with the help of a local artist. The
work is six telephone poles brightly painted and
banded together with steel rings featuring the
character trait words. On top are three figures that
swivel (representing the arts and sports).

I can think of ways you can do your own similar work
-but it would not be as permanent. You can make yours
for display inside your building - using recycled
materials (corrugated cardboard and carpet tubes).

I hope this will inspire more school wide projects.
Character education is part of the art curriculum.

Judy Decker