Soldering

---------

From: Jennifer Faingnaert (sunshine0866_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 15:30:29 PDT

I am a fairly new high school art teacher with a course in 3-D. The
previous teacher had students soldering metal with acetylene. I have a lot
of concerns about safe student use of the gas, in addition to my abilities
to maintain them. Any suggestions on where to get accurate info on safe use
and care of the tanks in the art room? Is acetylene an efficient fuel to
use for this???

Thank you!
Jen

---