Re: Character ed-feedback on my idea, please

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 14:01:21 PDT

Valuable questions-
We are pushing character- not one specific program though. The traits
are things we talked about the first week during the " class behavior"
discussions. We are ready to get to more in depth things now, but now I
have to have something for this display in the Board room- I thought
this would reinforce the traits I think are important- would give me
something to have hanging on back to school night and in the board room
and then we could get on with more in depth work.
I like to use Haring during the year, and this could be the time to
introduce him, then we could go further- some of my 7/8 gr. already
learned about him when they were in 6th gr. and I want their year now
to include more recent artists and art with a purpose.
Heather
On Sep 6, 2004, at 1:51 PM, Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

> I guess I wonder why you would be doing this? Is there a character ed
> initiative in your building/district? Have or will the students be
> doing any
> further study of keith harring or artworks that display character
> traits? You don't
> say what grade level, but I am wondering if that by the 4th week of
> school
> why the children are doing something a little more indepth? How does
> this
> lesson connect to your other lessons/objectives?
>
> I don't know if these questions help or not...it is a cute idea...but I
> wonder why are you doing it?
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---