Character ed-feedback on my idea, please

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 13:04:24 PDT

hi-
Tomorrow is the start of the 4th week of school- middle school- for me.
So far we have made table folders, portfolios, cut paper designs for
pos. & neg. shapes, and done a bit of observational drawing.
This week I have back to school night and have to have a display hung
in the board room by Friday for next week's board meeting.

My idea-
Take 7 character ed traits- (trustworthy, respect, responsibility,
fairness, caring, etc.
Assign one to each table (I have 7 tables with 4-7 sitting at each) and
have 7 classes.
Make patterns for big jointed paper people (Keith Haring style people)
Use colored butcher paper and construction paper to make a banner that
illustrates that trait using Haring as inspiration - people with
additional shapes and words-
We are on block schedule- so I will have one 90 min. period with each
class, plus a little time on Thursday (back to school night) with 3 of
the classes to finish these.

Does it sound possible? I'll give them handouts with ideas about their
traits and examples of harings work.

Heather

---