RE: Whew! Frances is gone!

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 07:55:34 PDT

Whew! We are back with power. Right after I emailed you about making the roast for lunch, the electricity went out. My roast was yummy, but didn't have time to make the popcorn. We ended up being without power until an hour ago - around 20 hours . The wind was rough the last 24 hours. Perhaps the good thing is that it was not steady, but in gusts. I was somewhat frightened a few times during the night when large branches broke off trees and fell on our roof. The other interesting thing - at least to me - is that the storm seems so much more powerful when there's no power other than batteries in your house. Admittedly, the strength of the storm and loss of power go hand in hand.

 It makes me so happy that you both, Ann and Marsha, have weathered this thing ok. Ann, please let us know how your daughters faired.

 We, too have tons of debris in the yard. Haven't heard about schools yet. I'm hoping that we'll have tomorrow off to get stuff settled a bit, but schools have their own agendas, too, so we'll see. Mostly I am thankful that we here in FL. have weathered this fairly well. It looks like Frances was bigger, but not as horrible as Charlie was.

Thanks for all of the thougths and prayers.

Jan