Sites to inspire: Caricature - Furniture Design - Digital Surreal

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 07:39:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am exploring links Luc Desdoigts sent to me. Here
are three that I have linked up to Art Styles page on
IAD.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artstyles.html

Caricature Zone - Kids will have fun on this site. I
know Andy DiConti has used it with his students:
http://www.magixl.com/heads/index.html
This site is in English and French

La Compagnie Bluezen - Interesting cardboard
furniture:
http://www.compagnie-bleuzen.com/indexe.htm
Site is in English and French. I can see this
inspiring a high school design project. See the fun
stuff in the galleries (10 pages of images - one
reminds me of my mancala project - a dog with a
drawer).

Red Rope Project - Surreal Digital Art
http://www.phazedance.com/redrope/index.html
Images I saw are OK for kids (fo rteh most part) - but
I wouldn't haven't them read the theory pages. Maybe
just select a few images yourlsef to shwo in
PowerPoint. I didn't see an email address to contact
for permission to use images - so use them to inspire.
I will aslo add a link on the Surreal Digital Art
lesson plan.

Thanks Luc - I'll explore the rest, too.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker