Re: Whew! Frances is gone!

---------

Aartteachr_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 06:50:06 PDT

In a message dated 9/6/2004 9:40:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mjart49@hotmail.com writes:

> It does look like you have had alot of damage around you.Do most of the
> people stay home and not evacuate?

We have mandatory evacuations for costal areas and mobile homes. We also had
curfews in the cities to thwart looters. Yes, there are low lifes out there.

> Good luck with your cleanup and with Ivan, I think that is the next one.
It doesn't look like we will have as much to clean us as Charlie. We have one
smaller tree down which we will raise and stake up.

Are you in school now? Will you have some days off so everyone can get back
> normal?
The coast had a lot of damage. I am presently waiting for the school to call
us about tomorrow. The admins. are assessing the damage and will make that
decision today. They are first taking a count of teachers that did & didn't have
damage. Some of the areas that my students are in lost power. I don't know if
the school is up & running. I know they have an emergency generator but
wouldn't use that for a school day.

There are presently 100 National Guard troops housed up in the gym so I guess
that power would be a priority there.

Marsha who saw the sun peeking through for a second.

---