RE: cartooning

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 22:02:59 PDT

I'll be introducing my students to Japanese Anime cartooning this Spring.
I'm not sure if that is something you might be interested in or if it might
be too advanced for your students but my students ranging from 5th to 8th
really love the Japanese cartoons on the Cartoon Network. It was one of the
top 5 things my students said they wanted to learn to do this year. I'm
teaching this with my Japan Art unit and asking my students to create an
original Japanese Anime Cartoon that their character will star in. The kids
are pretty excited about the lesson which doesn't start until January... in
the meantime to keep them from losing interest I've asked them to continue
watching their favorite Anime cartoons on the weekend to get ideas of how
they want to draw their character and what storyline they will like to
build.

Couple of Anime Cartoon links that might interest you:
http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/

Mahalo,
Cathy