Re: Internet telephone/beware

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 11:43:45 PDT

> I have been tempted by internet telephone...but have decided to stick
> with my
> old landline. If you read the fine print....if the power goes
> out...you have
> NO TELEPHONE service.

Skype.com is a free service and if you call someone who is also signed
up you can speak to them for free no matter where in the world they
are. If you call someone who is not in the network it costs about .02
per minute no matter where in the world they are.

I am sticking with my landline phone too but to call anywhere in the
world for .02 a minute is a great deal. Also being able to set up a
conference call with up to 5 lines is another incredible feature.

This service is not meant to replace your landline phone. It is another
alternative.

Harold

---