Elementary: Non-Objective Painting Idea

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 08:54:32 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I saw this great idea on the Beaconsfield web site:
http://www.beacy.wa.edu.au/art/kinetics/kinetics.htm

I particularly liked Clara's, Bens' and K's piece. I
can see this could be done by painting a 12 x 9 inch
white paper into strips. Let painting dry - then cut
apart/arrange/expand the composition. I suppose it
could be done with fadeless paper strips glued to
another sheet of paper -then cut apart.

I hope someone out there tries this idea. If you do -
I will add it to a lesson page for non-objective art.
It is a good Ps and Es lesson.

Judy Decker