Elementary: Excellent ideas for art of India

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 08:26:56 PDT

Dear Art Teachers,

Several list members are planning Art of India units
this year. I just found this "new-to-me" elementary
school in Australia - Focus on India
http://www.beacy.wa.edu.au/iorr/india/focus.html
Beaconsfield Primary School. There is enough
information given to help you write up your own
lessons plans.

In this elementary school - they learn about the main
world religions:
http://www.beacy.wa.edu.au/iorr/religions/relframe.htm

It would be great if this could happen all around the
world (wishful thinking).

I will provide a link to this on my Art of India page
- but they may not stay online forever (I see that
page was last updated in 2001). I will contact the
teacher about putting these ideas on IAD.

I think making plaster casts of hands using latex
gloves is a good idea - I thought of it too and am
thrilled to see it works. Maybe make one per table and
let the kids decorate it? Have each student make their
own paper design and use fine point markers to do
their own hand (See Kris Fontes lesson idea and the
Hands Idea page).

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====