Storm reports from Florida

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 04:03:58 PDT

Jan and Marsha,
Thanks for keeping us updated. Your reports are better than the tv reports.
It lets us know what is actually happening.

Every time a hurricane heads for the North Carolina coast...we have to go
through this...but it's definitely worse for Florida this season...seems
like everyone of them is headed your way.
Carolyn Roberts
North Carolina

> It's now Sunday morning and we here on the west coast of FL had a few
gusts last night but are just getting another feeder band of storms. Heard
the weather guy on the radio say that they are pretty nasty. Up till now
we have had intermittent rain - very intermittent. Marsha and Ann, my
prayers are with you - Frances is no hurri - cane. Our school sits in a low
area, and my classroom often has water up to the door after a simple heavy
rain. I'm concerned about stuff up there. We'll just see. Again, there's
no prediciting these things.
> There is a feeder band of heavy squalls just east of here (Tampa), but
the pacing of this storm is exceedingly slow and therefore, unpredictable.
My husband, a pastor, is heading up to church right now. I'm planning to
go up for services which will be in 1 1/2 hrs. There is a band of heavy
squalls headed here soon. I'll let you know if anybody shows at church.
It's all in God's hands. I won't do anything stupid, tho.
> Updating you from west FL,
> Jan

---