Re: plaster sculpture dust

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 08:57:45 PDT

> From: "C Kerch" <ckerch@hotmail.com>
> So is introducing Plaster Sculpture a bad thing? Just wondering because it
> is, or was now, a project I had intended to work on with my 8th graders in a
> couple of weeks. Now, I'm rethinking the project I had in mind and a bit
> worried about the one I did with my kids last year creating simulated lava.
> Any insight to using plaster or not using plaster and maybe suggesting an
> alternative is greatly appreciated.> Mahalo,> Cathy> Honolulu, HI
***************************

I haven't done plaster sculpture for a few years...BUT...after doing it
earlier in the classroom for 2 years, I finally took them out under the tree
outside the classroom and that's where we carved them. I pulled out 2 big
trash cans for dumping large chunks of unwanted plaster and they brought out
their chairs and plaster wrapped in newspaper. When finished, they wrapped
their plaster in newspaper before entering the room so I had NO dust to
worry about...well...just a few footprints at the door I could sweep up
quickly.

We live in northern CA and the weather's great. You live in Hawaii with
great weather too so this might work for you. Toodles....Bunki

---