Re: plaster sculpture-Sidnie

---------

From: C Kerch (ckerch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 23:30:22 PDT

You wrote: Understand that there is nothing good about breathing plaster
dust!!!
>Asbestos is just a small fine particle that gets into your lungs and
>stays there. Dust does this also and is also dangerous. Plaster dust
>forms plaster when it hits mucous membranes.

So is introducing Plaster Sculpture a bad thing? Just wondering because it
is, or was now, a project I had intended to work on with my 8th graders in a
couple of weeks. Now, I'm rethinking the project I had in mind and a bit
worried about the one I did with my kids last year creating simulated lava.
Any insight to using plaster or not using plaster and maybe suggesting an
alternative is greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Cathy
Honolulu, HI