Re: Student Teacher question

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 18:39:44 PDT

In a message dated 9/3/04 5:57:10 PM, woodyduncan@comcast.net writes:

> We are all different, we need to be treated as such. Rubrics
> are good for laying out expectations before hand. But they
> need not be followed by each student. What is more important
> is creating a climate that fosters creativity, the sharing of ideas
> and truly motivates each student to create at their highest level
> possible, yet accepts that we are all unique in the ways we learn.

Woody! yes yes yes yes. If I were teaching art history to older students
and a writing product was required, I think a fascinating topic would be for
students to research the work habits of one or two master artists that they
admire. A very interesting class discussion could follow everyone's sharing of
the results of this research...and then a discussion of the various work
styles of class members.
kathy douglas

---