Re: Special Needs Artists

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 18:13:12 PDT

Greetings Peter (Jenny?),

I started a page of Getty list member ideas and links:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/files/special.htm
This is just in the "File for Sharing folder" right
now - as a perk for list members.

I need to get back to it and add more. I think the Box
idea I posted the other day - Mixed media "About Me"
would be a fun project to consider. See the VSA Arts
site. Mixed media project using small corrugated
cardboard boxes (these can be ordered very cheaply - I
found many sources online - and Susan on Long Island
says Sax carries them now).

Entering Special Needs artsednet in Google will bring
up more advice from members. I entered special needs
art lesson in Google too - and some good stuff came
up.

Design several project about themselves... How about
something using their names? Grace Hall did a no fail
lesson idea I suggested - high contrast digital
photograph printed on transparency - overlayed over a
non-objective painting. Sorry no images available -but
all of the Multi-handicapped students felt like they
really did something great all work went in their art
show.

Judy Decker

 How do you all make art seem