Re: Ohio Arts and Entertainment - and contemporary

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:40:22 PDT

Greetings Denise,

Here is a place to really start collecting:
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/Subject?subject=arts&pg=1
Many artists are listed:
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/Subject?subject=arts&pg=2
View images....happy surfing.

Good source for Architecture too
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/Subject?subject=architecture

This might tie in with Pierce and Robinson:
http://worlddmc.ohiolink.edu/OMP/Subject?subject=african

More essays:
http://www.ohiomemory.org/learn.html

Lots to see - I think I have this site linked:
http://www.ohiomemory.org/index.html

Scroll down to the Fredrick Yost Print -Steel Mill:
http://www.library.georgetown.edu/dept/speccoll/prints/printsA2Z.htm

See Paintings by Ohio Artist:
http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/audiovis/exhibit/artists/
Exhibit:
http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/audiovis/exhibit/artists/artintro.html
http://www.ohiohistory.org/etcetera/exhibits/ohiopix/galleries.cfm?Gallery=17

Contemporay Artists

Maya Lin was born in Athens Ohio- her parents taught
at Ohio University.

Jim Dine was born in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Well.. I just read your post and see someone else
posted him (grin).

See Ohio Artists - I like Charlotte Lees:
http://www.ohioartists.com/

For Fiber arts - Nancy Crow - there is lots online for
her. I actually didn't know whe was from Ohio.

For Ceramics - Jack Earl

Well...I have work to do...

Judy Decker