Re: Ohio Artists?

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 17:47:48 PDT

Denise,

Last year in Toledo at the state convention, there was a workshop on
Burchfield. He is a favorite of mine. I will look for materials to see
if I still have the lesson plans if you want.

Also, Aminah Brenda Lynn Robinson is awesome. I had the pleasure of
meeting her and hearing her speak during her exhibit at the Columbus
Museum of Art. She is a noted historian of Black American history in
Columbus. Our school kids did a raganon (hope I spelled that correctly)
about their own lives in Aminah's style. This was a great class project.
It could take on many themes.

Elijah Wood is a sculptor, preacher, and barber that Aminah grew quite
close to who here in Columbus. There is an interactive exhibit created
for children
at the museum just about him. His work is very soulful like Aminah's.

Hope this helps.

Sandy

---