Ohio Artists?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 15:16:51 PDT

Hi everyone!
At a recent inservice, I was handed a copy of our new Benchmarks and Content
Standards and was told to begin documenting when they are covered in my class.
I have all of them worked into my lessons for the year, save a few.
One of the benchmarks for fourth grade states:
"Select an Ohio Artist and explain how the artist's work relates to Ohio
history."
This is the one I am stuck on. Seems so easy, but...
So, I was hoping maybe some of you could let me know some of your favorite
Ohio artists so that I may do some research. I do have a short list of
artists, but I know it is not a good representation.
We also need to "Identify and describe artwork from various cultural/ethnic
groups that settled in Ohio over time" That one is easier, but I'd welcome any
suggestions.
Thank you in advance!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH