Geometry and Art - Exhibit

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 14:33:33 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Jan Hillmer sent me some goodies and I am just now
finding time to check them. Los Angeles County Museum
of Art has an exhibit "Beyond Geometry"
http://www.lacma.org/beyondgeometry/

Museum home page:
http://www.lacma.org/
Educators DO have permission (Fair Use) of images -
guidelines are on site.

I will add this link to my Art-Geometry Page.

Thanks for sharing Jan.

Judy Decker

P.S. If you browse onto a museum site that does not
allow your Fair Use - personally I would use the image
anyway and put the copyright information on the image
slide in your PowerPoint. Museums get funds from the
government for educational purposes. I feel teachers
need to benefit from those fund, too. I have found
several museum sites that will only allow you a black
and white image for study - and you have to pay for
that - many want $10.00. I am sure there are folks out
there that will disagree with me. I just know you can
not afford to pay $10.00 everytime you find an image
that may inspire your students...and I know that it is
harder and harder to get Computer/Internet access to
show the images online.