Art-Science Intergration- Weavings inspired by Microscope

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 13:44:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Ideas for art are everywhere....See what is available
under the microscope. I am crediting Jan Hillmer for
sending in this idea for weaving. Weavings from what
we see under the microscope (many images can be found
online if you do not have microscopes).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middle8.html
Scroll down. Jan sent me the link from Layers of
Meaning:
http://layersofmeaning.org/archives/000178.html
I have added a thumbnail of the image of stem cells
from New York Times (who got the photo from Madison,
Wisconsin). This is one time where I am just added the
image as it is too hard to find out who to ask to get
permission. I'll remove it if "they" ask.

I have some links on my Art-Math-Science pages for
images under the microscope. You can also do a Google
image search.

Regards,

Judy Decker