"Children Beyond Borders" - Mixed Media Lesson - all grade levels

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 10:45:09 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I never know what is in store for me for the day until
I open and read my mail (smile). BJ Berquist has
posted the VSA Arts Site today and I am exploring.
Here is a lesson idea that was inspired by the Women
Beyond Borders (box exhibit):
VSA Arts selected a basic 4" cardboard box - and the
children have altered it:

http://www.vsarts.org/prebuilt/showcase/gallery/exhibits/cbborders/cbb01.html
"a collection of original boxes from over 52 countries
that expresses these young artist's ideas, dreams, and
visions"
ABC list of artists and countries:
http://www.vsarts.org/prebuilt/showcase/gallery/exhibits/cbborders/cbbalpha.html
You can buy uniform boxes very cheaply for this
lesson. Could even turn into some kind of self
portrait lesson...with some hidden treasure inside the
box? I will be listing this as a self portrait idea (I
need to get permission to use one of their images
first).

Women Beyond Borders is linked on my Artist/Art Styles
page.

See more exhibitions:
http://www.vsarts.org/x278.xml

Here is an old one that doesn't seem to be online
anymore - but is a good theme for any grade level -
even mixed level classes:
How Does Art Shape Your World?
http://www.vsarts.org/prebuilt/showcase/gallery/exhibits/chshow00/index.html

Home page for VAS Arts: