Re: frustrated - after school program's use of art room

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 04:46:33 PDT

I agree wholeheartedly with San D. Defend yourself through protecting
other people: What about the day students' money invested in
expendibles, the limited amount of $ for nonexpendibles (term?), the
day students' fragile projects, the evening students' safety, the
overall movement forward of an established program (you have designed)
for your own students' greater achievement in art??
Beth

On Sep 2, 2004, at 6:20 AM, kprs@comcast.net wrote:

> Have you spoken to your principal about this? Have you spoken to the
> leader of the group? Why do they  need the art room? Investigate to
> find another room to suggest that they use. Use safety as an issue.
> You say you are worried about the supplies and the kids in the room,
> that there may be accidents. Or you say that you are worried about
> your students ongoing work, you say that the work might not survive
> the onslought of an afterschool group. You say that you are
> technically a 'lab class' (like science) and need afterschool time to
> set up the 'lab' for the next day. You say all of this wi

---