Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: plaster sculpture

Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 08:18:47 PDT

In a message dated 8/29/2004 11:23:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, writes:

> mix it with vermicullite to make a great carving medium. can be carved
> with plastic butter knives if needed and depending on the amount of
> verm. added. a good challenge and example of subtractive sculpture

I have done this and also added coffee grinds from my morning coffee pot. It
gives the plaster a stone look and also has little brown flecks that imitate
stone imperfections. I then sprayed the sculptures with acrylic spray. Fooled
many a parent at the exhibit as they thought the kids carved and polished