sketchbook sites

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 01:14:20 PDT

Iíve been doing some searches and wow there is a lot to sift through. Here
are some Iíd like to add to Judy Deckerís list. Iíll be preparing a
powerpoint on sketchbooks to show to my grade 7 and 8 students. For the
sevenís it will be basic sketches, wildlife, etc and for the 8ís it will be
about the sketchbook as a tool to work through your ideas, jot notes and
plan work.
Here are some good sites
Visual Thinking: Sketchbooks, the Smithsonian provides a detailed look at
sketchbooks from a number of artists.
archivesofamericanart.si.edu/exhibits/sketchbk/sketchbk.htm

Keeping a Sketchbook
Great site as an intro to sketchbooks Ė and a list linked to many practicing
illustrators.
      Your Sketchbook. ...www. people.ku.edu/~mirvin/kpingsbk.htm

Surfbirds.com - Sketchbooks Bird Images. In this feature, each month,
we'll bring you snippets of field sketches from the sketchbooks of different
bird artists from Europe and America(many working in the style of
Loates/Bateman) www.surfbirds.com/Sketchbook%20/skindex.html

http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/grade10/sketch1.html great homework
page prepared for grade 10 students with Leonardo images and links
http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/leonardo.html great collection of the drawings
of Leonardo da Vinci

Great collection of images in a style that would appeal to middle
/highschooler / altered books approach to page 1 , only one nude/tasteful
artist is Ronald Lawrence Braverman Nice Bio about his approach to art and
the many art careers he has worked in.
   dataism.com/ronsketch.htm

National Museum - Oscar Sketchbook ( very interesting sketches by a 11 yr
old child) Oscar Sketchbook. Statement of Significance. This notebook is a
rare and significant record of an Aboriginal child's memories of life ...
www.nma.gov.au/showcase/oscar
Oscarsís sketchbook This notebook is a rare and significant record of an
Aboriginal child's memories of life in the late 1800s in far North
Queensland. Oscar was an Aboriginal boy
from the Palmer River people of North Queensland.

Interesting contemp artist Ė 100ís of sketches.
started keeping sketch books as a first year architecture student. ....
edj.net/vgallery/skbks1.htm

URBAN CALAMARI, Sydney artist, Joe Rimmer SKETCHBOOKS: a rough drawing
representing the chief features .... Every trip, is a journey
www.urbancalamari.com.au/sketchbooks.html go to the Egypet pages, nice
sketches there
Catharine in Hong Kong

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp

---