KAEA Conference is open to all NAEA members

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 20:59:40 PDT

Carolyn Keigley wrote:

Is this conference open to those of us from other states?
Does anyone know if there will be conferences this great in California =
this year?
Carolyn At Tahoe

Yes, the Kansas Art Education Association 2002 Fall Conference is open to all NAEA members. I think most states have conferences--Missouri has one in the fall and also in the spring (February). As far as I know, they are all open to any NAEA member. The conferences vary in complexity--the conference booklet I got from Michigan looked like a mini national conference! But then, Michigan has around 1500 members, I believe. I think our conference this year will be especially good because our members have submitted amazing presentation proposals. And just recently I found out we are having a special guest. Paige Simpson of the National Gallery of Art is coming to present about the "Art &" packet I wrote to you all earlier about. She is not in the preregistration materials but will be presenting on Saturday from 10:30-11:15. The "Art &" packet is available for a nine month renewable loan to any art teacher in the United States. For more information go to:
http://www.nga.gov/education/ep-nga.htm#TG101

You can get information about the KAEA conference and the preregistration form (will need acrobat reader to print the form) on the website at:

http://www.kaea.com/conference.asp

I found out yesterday that the deadline has been extended to at least Oct. 4. (And possibly longer if you sweet talk us!)

Marcia, Derby, KS

---