Re: nonwestern landscape art

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:46:11 PDT

on 9/25/02 10:50 AM, wendy free at wendypaigefree@yahoo.com wrote:

hi,

any suggestions/leads on artists who paint land/city/seascapes in a
non-traditional or non-western style? so far i have aboriginal dot
paintings (dreamings), chinese landscapes, and stuart davis (for his
non-traditional compositional style). i'm preparing a unit on landscape
paintings and want to share with my students diverse examples of how artists
represent places -

i'm thinking of that famous and beautiful egyptian painting of the man
hunting birds in the papyrus marsh. there are a couple of other smaller
figures in the boat with him. many other ancient egyptian paintings depict
"place."

linda in michigan

---