Re: Alum?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 15:53:53 PDT

After reading all the replies on "what is alum" I have another question.
What EXACTLY is the difference between the alum you get at the grocery store
and what you buy at the art supply store? BTW - another bit of trivia on
alum: you can soak your pond plants in it and kill all snails, fish eggs,
and any other bad stuff! :-)
~Michal

> While I liked Mark's reply the best, the real answer is more
> prosaic...It's used in pickling. You find it in the spice section of
> your friendly neighborhood supermarket.

---