California conference......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 07:02:44 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com>
>> Is this conference open to those of us from other states?
>> Does anyone know if there will be conferences this great in California this
year?
>> Carolyn At Tahoe
>
> Any member from any state is welcome to attend. We have been trying to
> spread the word to neighboring states. And yes I'm sure, with a little effort,
> California could have a conference almost as great as Kansas puts on.
******************

Ha. Are you kidding? I hope so! California has a H-U-G-E state conference
(after all we are 3 states in one...Northern, Central, AND Southern
California...grin)...and is ALWAYS top-notched. Having worked on a state
convention a couple of times, I know how many people try to submit for
workshop presentations and how presenters are turned away because of the
amt. of submissions. We also have several people from outside the state who
want to attend as well. (Big fat grin) We don't HAVE to spread the word to
neighboring states...they already KNOW! The quality of the workshops is
outstanding as well as the special events.

It usually occurs around October. If you read your "Painted Monkey", you
will get the information you need...or ask an art teacher in your district
how to join CAEA and you can get direct information. If not, post to me
off-list and I'll steer you in the right direction. Toodles.....Bunki

---