Re: nonwestern landscape art

---------

From: Jessie Starman (jastarman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 05:47:26 PDT

Milton Avery
Arthur Dove---both do very abstract landscapes.

jessie NC

--- Shar- SeapearlsArtworks <seapearls_@hotmail.com>
wrote:

<HR>
<P>The Candain artist Emily Carr is also awsome.&nbsp;
She lived with the Native Americans and painted their
villages and the natural world.&nbsp; I just saw some
of her work at the vancouver gallery and it has an
incedible amount of soul.&nbsp; While she is canadian
she is considered a world class artist and a
contemporary of the group of seven.<BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive"
color=#330066><STRONG>S<FONT size=2>har</FONT> AR<FONT
size=2>nd</FONT>T</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman, Times,
Serif">teacher and artist </FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>mailto:&nbsp; <A
href="file://seapearls_@hotmail.com/">\\seapearls_@hotmail.com</A>
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><A
href="http://www.geocities.com/seapearlsartworks">http://www.geocities.com/seapearlsartworks>
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Every child is an artist. The problem is
how to remain an artist once we grow up. <BR><FONT
face=Times><A
href="
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/a130604.html">Pablo
Picasso</A></FONT> </STRONG><BR></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: wendy free
<WENDYPAIGEFREE@YAHOO.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
<ARTSEDNET@LISTS.GETTY.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "ArtsEdNet Talk"
<ARTSEDNET@LISTS.GETTY.EDU>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: nonwestern landscape art
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:50:24 -0700
(PDT)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hi,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;any suggestions/leads on artists who
paint land/city/seascapes in a non-traditional or
non-western style? so far i have aboriginal dot
paintings (dreamings), chinese landscapes, and stuart
davis (for his non-traditional compositional style).
i'm preparing a unit on landscape paintings and want
to share with my students diverse examples of how
artists represent places -
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;thanks!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;wendy free
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;---------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;New DSL Internet Access from SBC &amp;
Yahoo!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;---
artsednet as: seapearls_@hotmail.com