nonwestern landscape art

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 19:50:24 PDT

hi,

any suggestions/leads on artists who paint land/city/seascapes in a non-traditional or non-western style? so far i have aboriginal dot paintings (dreamings), chinese landscapes, and stuart davis (for his non-traditional compositional style). i'm preparing a unit on landscape paintings and want to share with my students diverse examples of how artists represent places -

thanks!

wendy free